Friday, February 8, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Day 11-13

Day 11
Water Pin - Wash Bike

The pin I picked today had TONS of ideas for playing with water.  It would take us forever to get through all of the water play, so this pin is for sure to stick around.  One of the ideas was to let the kiddos wash their bike.  Such a simple idea but Kylie had a lot of fun.  She usually hates getting dirty/wet so I have been trying to expose her to situations where she has to get dirty and wet.  At first I thought she wasn't going to go for it because the water was a little cold but she got past her high maintenance self and got to work.  The win win is that she started workin on the van when the bike was "clean"! (probably because of my strategic placement of the bike...haha)    


1 Pin Saved

Day 12
Lila's Christmas Ornament & Stretchy, Squishy, Squeezy Goo

Well this is one of those pins that you see and think that is beautiful and it will be SO easy.  YEAH not the case!  It was not easy AT ALL to get the hand prints and foot prints of an active six month old onto a curved, slippery surface!  By the end of this ornament making fun I had paint, glitter, and glue all over the place!  Our version didn't turn out as visually appealing as I would have liked BUT I know when I hang this on the tree next year I will so appreciate seeing those 10 toes and 10 fingers.  My only thought is that it would be MUCH easier to do this on a newborn because the hands and feet would be smaller and move a little bit less!




This one is my favorite!  It might not be the prettiest looking but it looks the most like her actual foot print!




Now onto the Goo fun!  This was SOOOOOOOOOO much fun!  

1 cup of liquid Starch 
1 CUP of clear glue (8 ounces)
Break goo up into small bowls 
Use food coloring

At first I thought we were supposed to add one bottle of clear glue and I was sad because it didn't look like this was going to work.  When I read the pin more closely I realized that it said a cup.  The bottle of glue that I bought was only 5 ounces so we had to add more.  Then the goo magically started to form.  I don't know who this was more fun for!  I loved it just as much as Kylie Jo did.  We will probably be playing with this for days to come and we'll for sure make this Goo again!  










2 Pins Deleted


Day 13 
Map Magnet & Waffles

So I am almost half way done with my challenge and I'm still goin strong.  I have really enjoyed challenging myself.  I think when this 30 day Pinterest challenge is over I am going to start a 30 day working out and healthy eating challenge!  Not sure if I will blog about it BUT if anybody wants to join me in the work out/ eat better challenge let me know!  It could be fun! 

Today I started out with the map magnet pin.  Kylie loves puzzles right now so I thought this would be a fun change of our usual puzzle fun.  I found the USA map puzzle on ebay, put magnets on the back of each piece and voila.  It has amazed me at just how much Kylie likes this.  All day long she has been bringing me different states asking me what state it is and who lives there.  What amazed me the most was when I put Texas on the fridge for the first time that she already knew it before I told her.  Texas is just in her blood I guess!  This has been one of my favorite pins so far!  






Next up on the list was breakfast for dinner.  I haven't made waffles with my waffle maker since I was in college.  That is A LONG TIME!  I always make my own mix of whatever I feel like for pancakes but I have never made waffles from scratch so I was excited to give this recipe a try.  It was relatively easy, though I had to look up what beating an egg white to soft peaks was because I have yet to come across that in my cooking life.  I would for sure make this recipe again BUT I will probably try another recipe or two before I can say this is the best waffle recipe ever.    

INGREDIENTS:


3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon. baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg, separated
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the oven to 200°F and heat up the waffle iron.
Mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Measure the buttermilk, milk, and vegetable oil in a measuring cup and stir in the egg yolk. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat the egg white almost to soft peaks. Sprinkle in the sugar and continue to beat until the peaks are firm and glossy. Beat in the vanilla.
Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until just mixed. Drop the whipped egg white onto the batter in dollops and fold in with a spatula until just incorporated.
Pour the batter onto the hot waffle iron (My Belgian waffle maker takes 2 1/2 ice cream scoops of batter, but your mileage may vary) and cook until the waffle is crisp and brown.
Set the waffle directly on the oven rack to keep it warm and crisp. Repeat with the remaining batter, holding the waffles in the oven (don't stack them). When all the waffles are cooked, serve immediately.


1 Pin deleted and 1 Pin Saved!












No comments:

Post a Comment