Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Day 2 & 3



Day 2 
Snickers Salad and Memory Jar (YES... overachiever again!)

So day two brings an amazing dessert!  Jake said this might be one of his favorites now which is awesome because it's SO easy!  AND not THAT bad for you...I mean it does have apples in it!   ;)

Mix together one box of vanilla instant pudding with one cup of milk.  When that is mixed, fold in a container of cool whip.  Let it set in the fridge for one hour and then add chopped snickers and green apples.  The recipe called for eight apples but we used 2.....and then we used 11 mini snickers.  Pin tried and Pin Loved and staying Pinned!    






I am a sucker for anything in writing.  I love words!  To this day my favorite gifts are words from my dad and from my husband.  My dad writes me letters of wisdom and encouragement at different stages of life and I pull them out to read them often. My husband gave me a card telling me all the things he loved about me, which was AMAZING, and then he proposed to me.  So when I saw this idea on Pinterest I knew I was going to attempt it!  Basically throughout the year we will write down memories on any kind of paper and put it in the jar (found at Good Will for $1.50).  On New Years we will pull everything out and read it together.  I already talked to Jake and told him how much it would mean to me if he added things too.  I can't wait to see what kinds of memories we collect.  Pin DELETED!








Day 3

I have two major goals this year...I want to become proficient (competent) in the sewing and digital picture worlds.  I have had my Canon Rebel for over 4 1/2 years now and I pretty much shoot on automatic.  This is just not okay.  I focused today on the camera.  I have pinned SO many things to help me on my journey so I sat down today and read almost all of them.  AND this is what I learned or found so useful that I want to be able to go back to it to read!

12 pins deleted...yes you read that right 12.  YEAH for me!

ISO- The higher the ISO the faster the film speed so more light is getting in....BUT to get those really good pictures 200 or less is good and then you want to adjust lighting or aperture.  

Aperture- Lower number means more blurred background...higher number means background is clearer but picture might be more blurred overall and darker.




















No comments:

Post a Comment