Friday, January 25, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Day 1

What do you do when you're bored?  Check Pinterest?
What do you do when you have to bring food to a party?  Search on Pinterest!
What do you do when the kids have finally gone to bed?  Pinterest
Where can I find a quote to make me feel better about my life and laugh?  Look at quotes on Pinterest
Do I really have to be creative and think of party decorations?  NOPE steal from Pinterest
How about when your kid needs something fun to do?  Why, I go on Pinterest.....
What should I wear today.....PINTEREST

So...YEAH I am among the many who has pinning fever.  I can't seem to get enough.....Pinterest is the answer to every question!  The only problem.....

I currently have 2,222 pins.  By the time I post this I am sure there will be even more because my pins are growing faster than our countries deficit.  My to do, should do, and could do lists are not getting much checked off.

SO I am giving myself a Pinterest challenge.  One Pin a day for 30 days.  If I fail....no Pinning for 30 days....ahhh the thought makes me shiver!  To hold me accountable.....the good ole blog....here goes

Day 1 
Kale chips and Baking Soda Vinegar Fun (Yes starting out as an OVER achiever by doing 2 pins!)

I have been wanting to make Kale chips for a long time.  Biggest reason...I LOVE CHIPS.  If I didn't care about my weight I could sit down, turn on the TV, open up a nice big ole Family sized bag of chips, and slowly eat my way through every savory chip.  What kind?  Doesn't really matter...love em all!  But since we both know that can't happen I thought what the heck...lets try some Kale chips because then I can sit down with a bowl and eat em all up.  So it was super easy to make them.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees, cut the main vein off kale, cut into pieces, throw some olive oil and salt in a ziplock, put kale in and shake it all around until coated.  Put on pan and bake for about 30 min.  Taste......then taste again because you can't tell if you love it or hate it....run to the garbage and throw up!  Oh my gosh this is disGusting!  I am all about my spinach smoothie, zucchini fries, and baked asparagus but this is just plane nasty!  There are like 9 other ways to season it up but this girl has decided the only way Kale is in her life is at Walmart as she strolls right on by and throws up a little in her mouth! YUCK delete that pin!  (Still gonna see if Kylie likes them when she wakes up though I REALLY hope she doesn't...they stink up the house!)



Baking Soda vinegar experiment was MUCH more rewarding than Kale Chips!  Though I think it would be more fun when Kylie Jo is a little bit older and using a dropper instead of a syringe.  Basically you put a bunch of baking soda in a pan..clear is better so you can really see what's going on.  Get a bowl or two and put some vinegar in it and drop a few drops of food coloring in the bowls. YEAH for helping learn colors!  Get a dropper or syringe and start dropping drops of the colorful vinegar into the baking soda.....BUBBLES!  Honestly Kylie was more excited about squirting the vinegar out of the syringe.....should have played with syringes in the bath a few times before doing this so that the chemical reaction was cooler to her!  We'll for sure do this again...like when she gets up from her nap!!  Gotta practice that syringe usage.  



Day one....one pin deleted and one done and loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment