Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Saying YES to God via Isaiah 58:10... through Noonday Collections

So...lately it seems like everybody in my life is going on mission trips.  Jake, my husband, is going to Portugal to share Jesus with tough guys who can be reached through some good, ole fashioned, down and dirty football.  My Mom and dad are heading to Panama together to see, through their friends lives, what it looks like when faithful servants leave their comfortable life and pour out their love on others.  My mom is then going to Cambodia to share Jesus with the millions of people who are walking around empty and to love on the kids.  My friends are going wherever it is that God is calling them.  And I am stuck, here, in good ole Weatherford, TX, watching them all go on their journeys while wishing that I too could be going out to share Jesus's love.

However, God has blessed me with 2 precious, young, girls who need me.  I can't just pack up, head to the ends of the Earth and love on others.  I have a job to do here, to raise them to know the love of Jesus first, so that one day they too can go out and spread the word.  My prayer lately has been one of pleading.....God PLEASE show up and show me a way that I can help the poor and the orphans all over the world without getting on a plane.  I seriously thought it was a pretty far fetched prayer but God is an awesome and loving God who has so graciously opened a window for me.

This window came into view through an e-mail that I received from my sister in law a little over a week ago.  She sent me a link to a website and told me that I would LOVE it.  As I clicked on the link my eyes first saw the words Noonday and then as they scanned over the homepage I saw Isaiah 58:10; " ...when you satisfy the needs of the oppressed, your night will become like the noonday."  I'm not a crier but I broke down and started crying.  God knows the desires of my heart and loves me enough to deliver, in an e-mail, an answer to my prayer, in a way that I could never have dreamed up.

As I looked at the necklaces, bracelets, earrings, scarves, purses, shoes, belts, hats, and home decor, I was 100 percent certain that God was calling me to invest my heart and time into this company.  Let me break it down in a nutshell for you.  Over and Over God tells us that we are to love and take care of the poor and the orphaned.  Noonday does both of these things.  They buy all their products from artisans in insanely poor areas.  These people all the sudden have money to send their children to school , buy chickens, or even expand their business so they can employ others in their community.  Noonday is helping to pave their way out of poverty with this stable income, which in turn means that these people are less likely to abandon their children  .

As if that isn't enough, Noonday helps families raise money for their own adoptions.  They give 10 percent of trunk show sales directly to the adoptive family when they host a trunk show.  Aside from donating 10 percent towards qualified adoptive families, Noonday gives towards orphan care and prevention.

This is just amazingly mind-blowing to me.  How great is this company?  So now I am a Noonday Collections Ambassador. I get to take this message out in my corner of the world.  I get to share Jesus, help the poor, help the people who are adopting, help the orphans, and I get to style my friends and family all at the same time.  I cannot wait to see what God does through this opportunity.  All I know is that it's going to be great.  I can feel it in my heart and soul that this is going to change me forever because this isn't about the money at all.  I wasn't even looking for a job!  This is about applying the words in the bible to my life...it's about saying Yes to God.  It's about taking that leap of faith and seeing the opportunity that he has placed in front of me.  

I pray that this company touches your heart as it has touched mine.  When you wear Noonday you're saying, "I care about the poor, the hungry, the sick, and the abandoned."  You get to be a voice for the oppressed.

If you know of any families who are going through the expensive adoption process let me know because I would love to get in touch with them and book a party in their name.

If you don't know a person who is adopting get in touch with me anyway.  Host a show...not for me...for them.........











Founder of Noonday, Jessica Honneger, spending time building relationships with aritsans.




Like my Noonday Facebook page to stay up to date on all things Noonday!

Check out some outfits that I accessorized with Noonday Love on Polyvore! http://www.polyvore.com/noonday_style_made_with_love/collection?id=2504348

Order Online from my website:





No comments:

Post a Comment