Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Day 18-19

Day 18
CrockPot Pineapple Chicken & Milk Jug Fun


I'd make this again.  Favorite pinterest meal find....?  Nope!  A little bland?  Yes!  Every now and then when I want a super simple meal I could see making this!  If you don't lay it over a nice buttery bed of rice probably would be REALLY bland though.  It was easy and healthy (minus the buttery rice addition haha)  

(I KNOW it doesn't look real appetizing!)  

3-4 Chicken Breasts
1 Can of Pineapple in juice (chunks, rings, tidbits...doesn't matter)
1 Medium Onion Sliced
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth

Cook on Low for 6-7 Hours in Crock Pot


SERIOUSLY serve over REAL Rice!  Throw away that minute rice people....a few more minutes gets you the best rice EVER!

Rice Cooking Lesson for those of you who fail at rice every time!  I used to be that person who could never get rice right and then I had had enough.

1 cup rice
2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt (Could leave out but WHY?...Salt brings out the flavor!)
1 Tablespoon Butter
(Will yield 3 cups when finished cooking)



Put it all in a pot and bring to a boil!
Bring down to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Keep covered while simmering.
Stir a few times so it doesn't stick to the pot.
After 15 minutes water should be absorbed into rice.  If not simmer a little longer but I honestly NEVER have this problem.  It'll look a tiny bit watery and that's okay.
Pull of burner, fluff with fork quickly, then put lid back on and let sit for 5-15 minutes.  THIS IS THE KEY!


NOW onto.............

"Milk" Jug Fun 

I had two empty distilled water jugs from filling up the girls humidifiers for the 1000th time this winter when I remembered this pin.  I took my bread knife and sawed off the ends.  The jug was sharp where I cut it so I put some duct tape around the opening and hello fun way to catch a ball!  Dad came home from work just in time to get in on the action!

Ready, Set, Throw Dad!


What a stud in his work clothes!  Haha even dad's having fun!  



Laughing watching dad chase after one of her "throws".

Super excited that she actually caught it! 


AND now she starts getting creative!  It's a hat..



Now it's a megaphone (mom wishing it was in the garbage!)  She had a lot of fun with this.  Didn't hold her attention for hours but it's not really supposed to.  I see her and dad playing "catch" every now and then.  She called it her baseball gove.  You mean gLove Kylie?

DAY 19    
Chicken and Biscuit Casserole, Berries and Cream & Organizing Fabric



This Chicken and Biscuit Casserole was pretty good!  We (and by we I mean Jake) are not big fans of super saucy meals, so I would probably add more chicken next time I make this.  It reminds me a little bit of biscuits and gravy, which anybody who really knows me knows I am in love with!  Only complaint was that the middle biscuits were still a little doughy.  SO next time I am going to turn down the heat and turn up the cook time to see if that will help!    

1 Biscuit Tube
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 stick of butter
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
3 TBS milk

Mix all together and put in square pan.
Top with 1 cup of cheddar cheese
Put Biscuits on top of cheese
Bake 375 for 35 minutes (Think I'll try 350 for 45-55 minutes)




When the toddler eats what we are eating without tons of complaining it's a successful dinner!


Berries and Cream


Before having kids I wasn't a dessert person.  I could go weeks without having dessert and I would be totally 100%  fine.  Then somewhere along the pregnancy road I developed a love of sweets that I have yet to get rid of.  SOOOOO this love has created a new tradition in our family.  Friday night Dessert Night!  Jake, who has always had a sweet tooth, might love this tradition even more then me.  When he saw this berries and cream dessert on my pinterest board his face lit up with glee and his heart pitter pattered with excitement.  It for sure lived up to it's anticipation.  At first we didn't defrost the fruit and it was too cold for our teeth.    It was tons better when the fruit was defrosted!  I can see this one making a regular appearance on Friday nights in the summer!  

Tub of Cool Whip
Large Tub of Vanilla Yogurt
Cheesecake pudding Mix
Frozen Mixed Berries (Mostly thawed)

Mix everything together and let set in the fridge for a little bit.   

Organizing Fabric



Now that I have slowly begun to tackle my fear of the sewing machine I have extra fabric suddenly collecting in my "craft" room.  I am a huge believer in everything having a place and that the place everything has is easy to get to.  When I saw this idea for fabric I knew it was going to happen.  I ordered a pack of 100 Comic Book Backing Boards from Amazon for $13.00 and then went to town wrapping my extra fabric around the boards.  After the fact I realized you could probably just use cereal boxes cut to the size you want and spray paint them.  BUT it's so much easier and so much of a time saver to just order it.  I love how easy it is for me to see what I have now!      




No comments:

Post a Comment