Monday, February 25, 2013

Pinterest Challenge EPIC FAIL! Days 14-15

Sooo this 30 day Pinterest challenge has "ended" as an epic fail.  I should be finished when in reality I have only made it to day 15.  I am still going to finish but not in the time frame that I originally picked...so NO pinning for 30 days for me!  When I started this the thought of failing and not being able to pin for 30 days freaked me out.  Yet I find myself glad that I am taking some time off of pinning on Pinterest.    

What I realized along the way was that diy projects, gourmet meals, fun activities with the kids, etc.: all these things are awesome but that life right now is, well, put plain and simply, it's crazy!  There are days when we eat something you stick in the oven, the house looks like it has been taken over by a tornado, and getting all our teeth brushed is an accomplishment.  And what I realized is that's okay....my life doesn't have to look Pinterest perfect.  What is more important to me then finishing a challenge that I set out to do is quality time with my God, my family, and my friends.  At the end of the day that is what matters most!  So I set out to delete 30 pins in 30 days and instead I found when that started encroaching on my quality time with those around me I quit.  I hate being a quitter but the lesson that I learned about myself through this is paramount.  I will quit every time if relationships start to go by the wayside.


Day 14
Valentines Fun 
(Not all pins but I thought I would share some of our fun from the day)

The first time that I did pigtails on Kylie Jo.  Not Easy doing them on a 2 year old who can't sit still!  She loved them though!


Hard at work on her Valentines.  (Notice some stickers found their way on her shirt haha)  


This was an art pin that I had seen.  The thumb prints are supposed to make hearts but I quickly decided that this was about having fun and forcing Kylie to make heart thumb prints wasn't going to be fun!  She loved doing this!


Strawberry Milk and chubby fingers!  Why I never would have thought of this on my own I don't know!  Can't wait for green milk for St. Patricks Day!  


She was LOVING her pink milk!


Yogurt, Strawberries, and grilled cheese!  She ate every bite!  

FYI: I found 101 cookie cutters for SUPER cheap on Amazon....a good thing to have with kids!    




Day 15 
Taco Tator Tot Bake 
(I think We'll call it Cheesy Corn and Bean Tacos because I can get Kylie Jo to eat it if I call it that haha)

I didn't used to be a big casserole fan but now that I'm a mom I have found that sometimes a casserole means less, "Eat Your Dinner or no (insert here whatever will make them eat)." talks.  I am SO over those battles, so out of the oven comes this tasty casserole.  As casseroles go this bad boy was actually really good.  It makes a lot, it's super easy, and it tastes almost just as good left over.  We liked it with cilantro and sour cream on it!  :)

  
  
Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 package taco seasoning, or 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
1 (16oz) bag frozen corn
1 (4oz) can green chiles, diced/drained
1 (12oz) can black beans, drained
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 (16oz) package frozen tater tots
1 (10.5oz) can red enchilada sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Heat a skillet to medium high heat. Add in ground beef/turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat. Add in taco seasoning, frozen corn, green chiles, and beans. Cook until heated through. In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture, 1 cup cheese and tater tots. Mix until combined.
Pour about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce on bottom on 9x13 baking dish. Add in tater tot meat mixture and smooth to flat. Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. During the last few minutes, sprinkle remaining cheese on top of dish and cook until melted. Serve warm!
*If you are a fan of black olives, you can add 1 small can to the mixture to change it up a bit







          

No comments:

Post a Comment