Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jake You Are Like A Tree






I’ve always had a thing for trees.  I’ve drawn them since as long as I can remember.  I’ve taken pictures of the ones that have captivated my heart.   I’ve stood in silent awe of them more times then I can count.  There is just something about trees that move me.  They stir up raw emotions in the deepest parts of my soul.

When I think of you as the leader of our family, as my husband, and our children’s father, the image that comes to my mind is a tree.  This tree in my mind isn’t just any tree.  You aren’t a Texas Ash, Maple or Poplar tree.  You are dependable, never wavering, unselfish, strong, comforting.  Exactly as an Oak tree should be!  

In our families eyes you are tall and strong just like the Oak.  Any storm that comes our way, any troubles that pass us by….you will be there withstanding the storm with strength, dignity, honor, and grace because that is who you are.  You are our strength and our security.

In our families eyes you are our comfort and joy.  When you walk in the door from work we all breath a sigh of excitement, and relief.  Just as there is comfort and joy in laying in the shade of a great Oak tree there is a deep comfort in the times when you are home with us.



In our families eyes you’re kindness is exactly like the branches of an old Oak.  When you stand beneath an Oak and gaze up to examine the branches you see them diverging in all directions.  Your kindness towards others branches out to all of those around you.  You are our constant reminder that love and kindness should branch out in all directions.


But most importantly, in our families eyes as the years continue to flash by, we see your roots of faith growing down deep.  Jeremiah 17:8 says  “He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”



I think this verse is why I love trees.  This verse resonates with me and it defines how I see you.  You are this amazingly strong tree who could easily have been planted anywhere and you chose to plant yourself right next to a river of faith.  So as the years pass us by I know that we will weather them well and have leaves of green because your roots draw daily from the waters of truth.  You are planted firmly in your faith!  You know what is important and so I love standing by you as you lead our growing family.

As I was looking up quotes for trees to add…there just wasn’t anything that I could find that worked for a great conclusion.  You know how I like my conclusions!  BUT I found this song……and I think we all know that you aren’t a worship leader….haha…..but I do know that our kids will grow up feeling the way that this son does about his father!  That throughout his life his dad has been like a tree.  LISTEN to the words because I love this song!  I probably listened to it 50 times!  I love you!  Happy Birthday!  
   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RnpltOi8go 




1 comment:

  1. this is beautiful. You have such a gift for writing and expressing what is in your heart in such beautiful ways. Love you!! and love that song, so so awesome!

    ReplyDelete