Saturday, June 11, 2011

14 Weeks and 3 Days of Pregnancy

February 22, 2010
I cannot even begin to tell you how many people have called, texted, and e-mailed  to congratulate us on “our” pregnancy and to want to know all the details.  We feel so blessed to have such amazing family members and friends who care so much about us.  Many of you want to stay up to date on the information so we decided that the best way to keep everyone up to date would be to blog about it.
In case we haven’t been able to get in touch with you we will start from the beginning.
Here is where the story begins:
Jake and I decided to escape from the hustle and bustle of our ever day lives so we packed up the truck and made our way down to Clute to visit my family.  Throughout the weekend my stomach was hurting a little and then on our way back home I just busted out crying for no reason at all.  Of course Jake looked at me like I was a little crazy and all I could say between sobs was, “I don’t know why I am crying.” 
When we finally got home I decided that it might be a good idea to take a pregnancy test.  I didn’t even need to open a second one because there was no doubt.  There were two pink lines and they were bright as bright could be.  I walked out to Jake and put the stick right in front of him and a big smile spread across his face. 
The first trimester I know could have been worse but it was still a beating.  I was more exhausted then I thought was humanly possible.  For the first time in my life even the thought of food made me want to run to the bathroom.  Just so you know they call it morning sickness but that is a lie....it should be called twenty-four hour sickness.  The darn hormones made me tear up at things that were just plain dumb.   I got insanely bad headaches that sometimes lasted for days.  If I stood too quickly I would come really really close to fainting.  Oh and I had to go to the bathroom like a million times a day. 
However soon after the first three months came to a close so did the feeling of constantly feeling sick.  Food still isn’t as exciting as it used to be and I don’t really crave a bunch of foods.  However if I have craved it then the food is located too far away to fulfill the craving.  Like the nachos at the ISU Watterson food court.  If I was there now I would get them with the liquid cheese, ground beef, tomatoes, rice, lettuce, black olives and then a little more lettuce.  I have tried to re-create them and it has only ended in disappointment.  I have seriously contemplated driving to ISU just so I could scarf that meal down.  Then sense kicked back in!  :)  I also crave the cake shakes at Portillos but of course that fast food doesn't exist here in the good ole south.  Ahhhh my mouth is watering!
So here I am past the first trimester and the only symptoms that I really have are headaches, a heartbeat that sometimes feel like it is going to pop out of my chest (normal.....just working harder to pump through all the blood I now have), the feeling that sometimes when I walk across the room I am so out of breath that I just ran a marathon and I don't run marathons, and that my skin on my stomach is going to rip open at any minute because it has not ever stretched this far out.....EVER! That sounds bad but it sure beats the first trimester!  
Jake and I went to the Dr. February 15th and were able to hear the heart beat.  I feel like it was exciting but it is still so hard to really comprehend that the sound is our babies heart beat.  We found out that I can take Tylenol (YEAH) and that I can continue to have a little caffeine every day.  Y'all I just can't live without my tea and Dr. Pepper.  So now Jake is off my back about the caffeine because he just didn't believe me that it was okay.  
We go back for our sonogram on March 17th to see if everything is developing correctly and to hopefully find out if it is a boy or girl.  We will keep you updated!  
We love you more than you know!
Jake and Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment